The District is governed by a five member elected (in even years) Board of Directors. Terms of office are four years. For more information about the election process and deadlines, please visit the Monterey County Elections website. The five Board members are not elected at-large but represent distinct areas, or Wards.
- Ward 1 includes the City of Marina, East Garrison/Fort Ord, and the northern portion of the City of Seaside.
- Ward 2 includes the eastern portion of the City of Seaside.
- Ward 3 includes the City of Sand City, City of Del Rey Oaks, the western portion of Seaside, and central part of Monterey.
- Ward 4 includes the City of Pacific Grove, the Del Monte Forest (Pebble Beach), and western Monterey.
- Ward 5 includes the City of Carmel, the unincorporated areas of Carmel Valley, Cachagua, Carmel Highlands, Big Sur, and southern Monterey.
Maps of the five wards are available electronically by clicking on the links above or in print form from the Administrative Office at 4860 Carmel Valley Road, Carmel. Please call ahead to request a print copy.
Every ten years the District, like many other governing bodies, is required to redraw its ward boundaries to reflect population changes, as needed. The boundaries were recently redrawn in 2022 as a result of the 2020 decennial census. View the revised Districts maps.